According to Ayurveda, drinking ghee in the morning on an empty stomach treats the body like rasa, which is a major source of nutrition for every single cell in the body.
Cow ghee is a natural source of antioxidant which eliminates free radicals. (Source: Getty/Thinkstock)
There is no doubt that ghee is considered as healthy fat and is often recommend to be consumed raw by drizzling it over hot cooked meals. Ghee enhances the absorption in the small intestine and decreases the acidic pH of our gastrointestinal tract. Cow’s ghee is a natural source of antioxidant which eliminates free radicals and inhibits oxidation process.
According to Ayurveda, drinking ghee in the morning on an empty stomach treats the body like rasa, which is a major source of nutrition for every single cell in the body. It also says that ghee improves the process of cell rejuvenation which helps in the healing process of the body. So much so that it even helps in losing weight. The butyric acid and medium-chain triglycerides in ghee help in mobilising stubborn body fats and flushing them out of the body leading to increase in good cholesterol. But one should not go overboard with the consumption.
Here’s how you need to start your day with ghee.
* Consume one teaspoon of cow’s ghee with warm water in the morning.
* You can also mix a teaspoon of ghee with raw turmeric and boil it. Consuming this concoction every morning helps improve immunity and cure dry cough.
* One can also grind raw turmeric and one teaspoon ghee and make a morning drink.
Watch how to make raw turmeric and ghee tea
“According to Ayurveda ghee has numerous benefits to our health like providing essential fatty acids, improves memory, slowing the ageing process, enhancing immunity etc among many. A teaspoon of ghee a day would be beneficial, but this could vary depending on activity level and body weight. Although there is no scientific evidence about benefits of ghee on empty stomach, according to Ayurveda this practice helps in cell rejuvenation and healing and has a great effect on skin and hair”, said Anushka Baindur, Senior Dietician, Fortis Hospital, Bangalore while talking to indianexpress.com.
Some of the benefits of starting the day with ghee
* It naturally lubricates the joints and promotes the formation of lubricants in the bone joints.
* It acts as a natural moisturiser and helps the skin to glow from within.
* Ghee comes packed with essential amino acids that help in reducing belly fat. The presence of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids help lose body fat.
* Lack of sleep or stress or too much work may end up leaving dark circles around your eyes. Turn to ghee to reduce them in no time. You just need to apply it lightly around the eyes before bedtime.
* Ghee is a super-rich source of fatty acids and antioxidants that makes it an excellent conditioner for dry and frizzy hair.
We, at the Go Desi – GIR Cow farm follow superior standards in making a product that is pure and naturally produced. We strongly proclaim that we DO NOT use any hazardous chemicals to our cattle. We strive to deliver the goodness of milk in its best natural state. Also, our GIR Breed of cattle are highly disease resistant and are able to produce high quality milk.
We are one of the very few natural “GIR COW A2 PURE RAW MILK” producers in Hyderabad. For ordering this pure desi Gir cow A2 milk you can call/ whatsapp at: +91-9573900667 / +91-7207887740 /+91-9000008303. For more info contact us.