The distillate of cow urine is called Gomutra Ark. It has a longer shelf life than cow urine. Some constituents are lost while preparing cow urine distillate. Gomutra Ark benefits include its use in weight loss, skin diseases, and abdominal disorders. It is mainly beneficial in edema and ascites. It becomes famous because it has no bad smell as cow urine. Some people who cannot drink cow urine, they can easily consume Gomutra Ark. Gomutra Ark is also known as cow urine distillate. Because it reduces Kapha dosha, it also lowers the cholesterol level in the blood and helps to lose weight. All other benefits are similar to Gomutra.
Gomutra Ark has antipruritic action. Therefore, it can help to alleviate itching in Kapha related skin diseases. It is also useful in worm infestation.
HOW TO MAKE GOMUTRA ARK
While making Gomutra Ark, no other ingredients are used. Only Gomutra is a requirement. The distillation method remains same as discussed here: How to Make Herbal Distillate. However, water is not added. No other herbs are added. Instead of water, cow urine is used alone.
AYURVEDIC PROPERTIES OF GOMUTRA ARK
|RASA (Taste)||KATU (Pungent), TIKTA (Bitter) & KASAYA (Astringent)|
|GUNA (Main Quality)||TIKSHNA (Sharp)|
|VIRYA (Potency)||USHNA (Hot)|
|VIPAKA (Resultant)||KATU (Pungent)|
|Organs Effect||Stomach and Skin|
|Pacifies||Vata Dosha if mixed with Kapha Dosha|
|Suitable||Kapha Body Type and Kapha Disorders.|
|Unsuitable||Pitta Body Type and Pitta Disorders.|
Gomutra Ark reduces Kapha Dosha. According to Sushruta Samhita, it also alleviates Vata dosha because of its alkaline characteristics. In Vata disorders, it is more useful when Vata is associated with or mixed with excess Kapha in the body. It can increase Pitta dosha, but at a lesser extent than pure cow’s urine.
Gomutra Ark has the following medicinal properties.
- Antipruritic (reduces itching).
- Anthelmintic or vermifuge (kills worms).
- Antiedemic (reduces edema).
- Nootropic (cognitive enhancer).
- Hematogenic (stimulates the formation of blood cells).
- Digestive stimulant.
GOMUTRA ARK INDICATIONS
Gomutra Ark has the same indications as pure Gomutra. For your convenience, here is a list.
- Pruritus (itching) – without redness, burning or heat sensation.
- Skin diseases (kapha origin).
- Intestinal worms.
- Abdominal pain (kapha vata origin).
- Abdominal diseases (with kapha dominance).
- Heaviness in the abdomen.
- Feeling lump in the abdomen.
- Constipation (kapha origin).
- Loss of appetite.
There are also some other indications, according to some people. These indications are not listed by Charak Samhita and Sushruta Samhita. However, some symptoms of these diseases are similar to symptoms of diseases indicated for Gomutra in ancient classical texts. Here is a list.
- Kidney disease.
- Productive cough.
- Nonbleeding piles.
- Urinary disorders.
- Ear problems.
- Indigestion (Kapha origin).
- Diarrhea with mucus content in the stool.
- Prostate enlargement.
- Rheumatic arthritis.
- Diabetic ulcer.
- Eczema (with oozing liquid).
- Liver diseases.
GOMUTRA ARK DOSAGE
The classical ayurvedic dosage of Gomutra Ark is as follows:
|Children (above the age of 8 years)||0.15 ml per Kg of body weight|
|Pregnancy & Lactation||Not Recommended|
|Geriatric Dosage||0.15 ml per Kg of body weight|
|Maximum Possible Dosage||20 ml per day|
How to Take Gomutra Ark
|Anupan (Adjuvant)||4 parts of water.|
|Dosage Frequency||Twice daily|
|Medication Time||An empty stomach, after a meal|
GOMUTRA ARK SIDE EFFECTS
Gomutra Ark can also cause side effects as follows:
- Burning or heat sensation in the body.
- Burning pain in the abdomen.
- Mouth ulcers.
People with Pitta Body Type or pitta disease can experience these side effects. However, if you use it wisely in Kapha disorders, there should be no side effects.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Gomutra Ark is likely unsafe during pregnancy. Because it has reducing action. It reduces Kapha in the body. Pregnant women require strengthening foods that increase kapha and tissue formation. If we consider this concept, Gomutra Ark consumption during pregnancy might lead to delivering a child with low body weight and some pitta diseases.
In similar ways, lactating mothers also require nourishing foods, which improves breastmilk production. Gomutra Ark has opposite effects. Therefore, it is also not recommended during breastfeeding.
- Sushruta Samhita, Sutra Sthana, Chapter 45, गोमूत्रं कटु तीक्षण उष्णम् सक्षारत्वं वातलम् ॥ लघ्वग्नि दीपनं मेध्यम् पित्तलम् कफ वातनुत् ॥२२०॥ शूल गुल्म उदर अनाह विरेकास्थापनादिषु ॥ मूत्र प्रयोग साध्येषु गव्यं मूत्रं प्रोजयेत् ॥२२१॥ (S. S. Ch. 45)
- Charak Samhita, Sutra Sthana, Chapter 1, गव्यं समधुरं किंचिद् दोष घ्नं क्रिमि कुष्ठनुत्॥ कण्डू च शमयेत् पीतं सम्यग्दोषोदरे हितम् ॥१०१॥ (C. S. Ch. 1)